You must have regularly read or heard, “Each individual is different”. Let us see how.
If normal walking people i.e. almost anyone who doesn’t have pain is asked to bend forwards and touch toes, everyone would have different ways or strategies of doing so. Some would start bending forward from their hip, some from spine while others might bend their knees to reach till the toes. These are called movement strategies and it is these strategies that make one individual body unique with respect to another.
These strategies determine the interaction between our bones, ligaments and joints; such interactions occur every moment in order to absorb forces while performing daily tasks like sitting, standing, cooking, walking, running, playing sports which in long run lead to wear and tear of the involved structure. The nature of these interactions determines the type and severity of musculoskeletal conditions like injuries, degeneration of joints like osteoarthritis or spondylosis, slipped discs, carpal tunnel syndrome, bursitis, radiating pain, repetitive strain disorders like jones fracture etc. These injuries cause pain and swelling in the affected area and need to be treated.
Our team of musculoskeletal physiotherapists ensure that the affected area is not only treated for reduction of pain and swelling but they also improve the quality of these interactions so as to avoid future degradation and degeneration whether the structure is joint, bone, tendon or ligament.
Few Musculoskeletal Conditions We Treat:
- Frozen shoulder / Periarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Juvenile Arthritis
- Patello-femoral pain syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dequervains Syndrome
- Gait and balance disorders
- Repetitive strain injury
- TMJ dysfunctions
- Bells Palsy
- Foot drop
- Calcaneal spur/Plantar Fascitis
- Pes Anserinus Bursitis
- Upper Cross syndrome/ Lower cross Syndrome
How are we different?
Along with excellent hands on skills, our physiotherapists use the state-of-art equipment like Class IV Therapeutic LASER, Shockwave Therapy and the gym area for better and quicker recovery.
- Alter G
- Class IV Therapeutic Laser
- Shockwave Therapy
- Sports Functional Training Device/ Muscle Intelligencia
- Manual therapy- mobilizations, manipulations
- Soft tissue release and balancing- IASTM
- Dry needling
- Bare-foot Training
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
In cases where repair is not possible and surgery is required we also provide post-surgical rehabilitation to restore the strength and mobility lost due to operative procedure.
POST-OPERATIVE CONDITIONS LIKE
- Total hip replacement (THR),
- Hemiarthroplasty of Hip,
- Total knee replacement (TKR),
- Scoliosis corrective surgery,
- Spine Surgery,
- Microdiscectomy- Microdecompression spine surgery
- Menisectomy- ACL repair
- Shoulder surgery/ arthroplasty,
- Rotator cuff repair- (SLAP)
- Fracture fixations, require exercises to be done under supervision.
In India, the prevalence of falls among older adults aged 60 years and older is 14% to 53%
There are many causes of fall, including (but not limited to) decline in lower extremity strength and balance, poor vision and environmental hazards. Falls affect individuals both physically and psychologically.
Research shows that falls lead to not only soft tissue injuries, hip fractures and other physically debilitating conditions but also induces fear of fall in 53%, restriction of activity in 31% and decreased balance confidence in 40% of elderly who have had atleast one fall in recent years.
We can help reduce the risk of falls by improving flexibility and strength of legs along with balance and mobility training.
- Assessing your condition and factors affecting it
- Educating you about your condition and take informed decisions
- Advise you few do’s and don’ts for your work, leisure, daily living
- Give you tips for self-management of pain
- Provide you a home exercise program tailored for your specific condition. Or formulate a maintenance program
- Improve your independence